For more pictures email at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Un-restored classic convertible. Perfect hassle-free collectible driver.
NO overheating, NO wiring issues, NO cold/hot starting issues, NO smoking, NO A/C or Heat.
Engine and transmission are numbers matching. Motor pulls strong and does not smoke or overheat even over 100mi
drives or local traffic. I use Mobil 1 (15w-50) motor oil as this has a high zinc content to minimize engine wear
- new owner can make his/her own choice but shows the engine can run fine with synthetic. No cold or hot starting
gremlins which is amazing for this vintage engine design. Two pumps and clutch in to start; depress half gas for
warm start per instructions.
While the paint is over 30 years old, this is a stunning 10' car. Fiber glass spiders and swirls visible under
full sun. Interior is respectable and tidy, but not showroom. This is a NY/NJ only driven car since 1964 so there
are moderate rust areas but all surface level as this car has not been restored.
All gauges work. All lights function- pop-up headlamp mechanism, side markers/tail/back up lights and dash
I have original bill of sale and other period documents in 1964. I am the third owner, previous owner cared for
this car since early 80s as far as I know from fine auto dealer I acquired the car - The Stable Gladstone Peapack
- Original hardtop included.
- Soft top is new- black.
- Freshly replaced oil and filter (original filter metal casing still on car!).
- Rear drum brake lines replaced; fluids flushed
- Spark plugs replaced November 2016
No known bodywork and so fiberglass join seams above wheels per factory standard.
- Paint is over 30 years old.
- Heater hose by-passed so no heat. Box was slightly leaking which could imply loose hose or needs full
replacement. This is not a winter car anyway, nor should it ever be one.
- Odometer does not work. Frozen at 51, 600. The 70k declared mileage is based on previous owner estimation. This
is a very common c2 problem.
Let me know if you have any questions. The car is in NJ.
VIDEOS OF CAR STARTING AND (SPIRITED) DRIVING MODES:
There are three videos uploaded onto YouTube. Search under "Jose 1964 Corvette, " and click the channel to see all
- early morning start. High 40s and just rained. Condensation visible off tailpipe which disappeared after 5 secs
- joining highway
- acceleration after Stop sign